What is Gibraltar Licensing Authority?
Gibraltar is only a little country located on the Iberian Peninsula, an integral part of the EU (European Union), and seaward zone ruled by The uk.
The Gibraltar Licensing Authority begun to offer licenses to gambling operators in early 90s when gambling activities became popular.
Though the gambling authority licensing is pretty strict, the gambling license offer operators many benefits a number of such as:
- It enables operators to get and operate a merchant account
- Offers gambling operators with Flexible and low tax
- Gives operators the chance to become members of the European market.
- Offers operators financial transactions confidentiality.
- Both foreign and local gambling companies receive the same guarantees.
- Gibraltar license has a high reputation, as it’s issued on the EU territory.
What countries are protected by a Gibraltar Licensing Authority license?
Every gambling activity in Gibraltar needs the licensing under the 2005 Gambling Act. The Authority’s license is open to both UK and international operators.
The authority only licences blue-chip firms with a proven gambling track record of success in other jurisdictions.
There are no mentioned accepted countries, the license is open to any operator that meets the licensing requirement of the Gibraltar Licensing Authority.
What does the Gibraltar Licensing Authority do?
Gibraltar Licensing Authority helps gambling operators to keep up an investor-friendly and transparent environment. The gambling authority regulates every of their licensed bookies in a strict but fair manner. We’ve summarised their goals below:
High standards for players: Gibraltar checks players complaints of course, if the player’s complaints are valid they take stand with the players.
High Regulatory Stand: The gambling authority pays focus on security and transparency. The authority doesn't award a license to fraudulent bookies.
Additionally they don’t tolerate money laundering. The gambling jurisdiction may also withdraw license from any gambling operator who goes against the ethical online gambling rules.
How am I protected by their license?
As we’ve discussed earlier there are numerous reasoned explanations why a gambling company might want to obtain a Gibraltar license. With the gambling authority’s attention to detail it helps to ensure that neither the players nor bookers break free with going against the gambling rules.
In addition to making gambling safe and fair for both players and operators, the Gibraltar license demonstrates a gambling firm is safe and reliable because only the operators can obtain Gibraltar remote operating license.
For example, as of 4th Nov 2022, only 38 licenses were issued by the gambling authority.
For players playing with gambling companies operating with Gibraltar license they may be certain of the following:
- Fast withdrawal of their winnings without issues
- Receive their full signup bonuses
- Their personal and financial data will remain safe and protected
- Every complaint will be well treated, and refunds are made if there be a need for it
How do I find online casinos with Gibraltar Licensing Authority license?
Gibraltar Licensing Authority publishes the list of the approved bookmaker in its internet site homepage. As of Nov 2022 a number of the licensed casinos and betting operators are:
- LC International Limited & ElectraWorks Limited
- (GVC Holdings PLC)
- BetVictor Ltd
- Virtual Global Digital Services Ltd (888.com Plc)
- Mansion Online Casino Ltd
- Onisac Limited
- Mansion Europe Holdings Ltd (Mansionbet)
- WHG (International) Ltd
- Hillside (Gibraltar) Ltd (Bet365
- Petfre (Gibraltar) Ltd (Betfred)
- Gamesys (Gibraltar) Ltd (Entertaining Play Ltd)
- tombola (International) Plc
- Markor Technology Ltd
- IGT (Gibraltar) Ltd (incorporating GTECH (Gibraltar) Ltd)
- EU Lotto Ltd
- Scientific Games (Gibraltar) Ltd
- Realistic Games (Gibraltar) Ltd
- NetEnt (Gibraltar) Limited
The aforementioned bookmakers are licenced by Gibraltar gambling authority. You can find the total set of Gibraltar approved operators at https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/finance-gaming-and-regulations/remote-gambling
Gibraltar technical and operating standard
The reason for the technical and operating standard is always to give Gibraltar’s remote gambling businesses more instructions on how best to meet Gibraltar’s wider policy requirements.
The document houses responsible gambling, technical, and other operating guidelines for the gambling authority’s gambling industry.
Gibraltar testing requirement
Before a gambling operator is licensed by Gibraltar, the gambling operator’s services must certanly be tested and certified by certain independent bodies approved by Gibraltar.
Here is a list of Gibraltar’s approved testing independent testing house below:
- iTech Labs
- Gaming Associates
- BMM Compliance
- SIQ Ljubljana
- Trisigma B.V.
- Enex TestLabs
- Quinel M. Ltd
- GLI Europe BV
- GLI UK Gaming Ltd
Types Gibraltar licenses
Gibraltar offers its operators seven types of gambling licences as per legislation:
- Remote gambling license
- Bookmaker’s license
- Pools promoter’s license
- Betting intermediary’s license
- Lottery promoter’s license
- Gaming operator’s license
Among these mentioned Gibraltar license types, the remote license may be the most critical for offshore gambling operators looking to operate from Gibraltar.
Gibraltar important documents for license
- A copy of the operator’s financial reports and business license
- Identification documents – passports and fiscal data.
- Operator’s verified address
- Letter of recommendation from reputable gambling institutions
- Documents showing operators the ability to make fast payments
To secure a Gibraltar license you have to follow the step by steps instructions at www.gibraltar.gov.gi/new/remote-gambling.
It’s obviously stated on that page that the operator must adhere completely to certain rules like customer protection and games fairness, gaming taxes, anti-money laundry requirement, and remote technical and operating Standard.
All Gibraltar operators must be managed directly from Gibraltar. And they'll be required to produce a list of major personnel when needed.
Where can I Leave Complaints?
Players will only be able to reach Gibraltar Licensing Authority for complaints is through email.
To save time find the steps you will need to follow along with on the complaint form available at www.gibraltar.gov.gi/new/sites/default/files/HMGoG_Documents/CRRF%20V%201.0.5.
In the form you will need to provide specific information which must certanly be contained in your email. Some of that information is:
- Personal Information
- Bookers name
- The nature of the complaint
- And finally, you’ll have to accept the requirements set by the gambling authority
Gibraltar Licensing Authority info
Here is the information of Gibraltar Licensing Authority:
- Suite 603
- GX11 1AA Gibraltar
- TEL: 00350 20064142
- FAX: 00350 20064150
- Gambling Division H.M Government of Gibraltar
- Website: http://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/remotegambling
- Email: [email protected]